These lectures give you an overview and background to get more out of the daily and nightly drills. They give you a background to the drills that make the drills more effective.
LECTURE 1: VISUALIZATION
Key: We used to teach you to relax before, but now we’ve found that isn’t best. We want you more awake and alert when you visualize. Try wearing your cleats and holding a soccer ball. I’d also visualize on the field you play on.
1) Childhood playing soccer: free and fun
2) Best moments – build confidence
3) Coming game – get more specific for this game
LECTURE 2: ECHOING
This will help you acquire new skills and confidence rapidly!
1. After watching the play on video, close your eyes, and in your mind watch star player as if you are sitting in the stands (Note: re-watch the video of the play a few times if necessary)
2. Next, insert yourself into the play and recreate the play in your mind! Make it as real as possible – hear the crowd, use your sense of touch, sight, and hearing. Also add the emotional element -feel the confidence, poise, and concentration. Feel the heat of the moment and feel yourself perform expertly. Notice, how you expect to perform well.
3. Do this 5 to 10 times
4. You can use this to develop a new skill. If you are doing so, then when you practice the move, have the reference footage on your phone cued up (that is, the star player’s move), and also FILM YOURSELF and see how you look doing it.
LECTURE 3: LOVE DISCOMFORT (MINDSET)
LECTURE 4: THE POWER OF PREFERRING
LECTURE 5: BODY LANGUAGE AND FACIAL EXPRESSION
LECTURE 6: THE POWER OF THE BORING
*Master the fundamentals through REPETITION. “REPS TO REIGN SUPREME”
*Creativity can come from doing a repetitive task
*Some reason to work on the “boring?”
- Fear the competition will out perform you or your will “choke” under pressure
- Because you love the craft and you want your game to be beautiful
* 2 to 3 hours of practice to 1 hour of scrimmaging/pick-up
*Hint: it’s not really boring when you love it! We all know this!
LECTURE 7: OPTIMIZE 3 P’S
LECTURE 8: SIP THE ADRENALINE AND 7.5
LECTURE 9: WHY NOT YOU?